Free services from the Canadian government!

Date: August, 2022

Are you new to Canada and figuring out your next steps or looking for free government settlement services? Compass to connect can help you begin your life in Canada

All Ukrainian temporary residents and their dependents are now eligible to receive government funded settlement services

Many settlement organizations can help you with government-funded services such as finding a job, figuring out the first steps, finding places to live, understanding the culture, and helping you apply for documents that you need. Basic things that are common in Canada can be new to you, that’s why it is important to speak to a settlement counsellor in your language about your needs.

Compass to Connect will guide you through your new life in Canada. Whether you’re looking to translate your documents, start a home based business, have an official language assessment, get noticed by employers with a Canadian styled resume, and much more. On you can also register for FREE workshops, training programs, information sessions and network with other newcomers.

The eligible newcomers are:

1. Permanent Residents of Canada.

2. Protected persons as defined in section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

3. Pending verifications - Individuals who have been selected, inside or outside Canada, to become permanent residents and who have been informed by a letter from the Department.

4. Convention refugees and protected persons outside Canada who have been selected for resettlement in Canada by the Department.

5. Live-in Caregivers

6. All Ukrainian temporary residents and their dependents in Canada are deemed eligible persons until March 31, 2023.*

Get started on your settlement in Canada by signing up with and remember that you are not alone in this journey

Go back